A runway piece from the 2017 Métiers d’Art “Paris Cosmopolite” collection, this 2.55 Reissue Flap is beautifully fashioned in a colour palette of pink and red. Dark-pink calfskin leather as the base, covered with fascinating intertwined ribbons patchwork which is made of velvet, satin and grosgrain textiles.
The classic fashion icon “2.55 bag” was first debuted in February 1955; hence the name. Each feature and pocket on the bag have their own intriguing story behind. A timeless piece!
The Mademoiselle chain double handle is not just historically Chanel, but also very functional. At the shorter drop length of 28 cm (double chain), it would sit comfortably and elegantly on shoulder. At the longer drop length of 50 cm, it would turn into a crossbody bag.
There are total 3 ways to wear this flap – in hand, shoulder sling or crossbody.
- Intertwined ribbons patchwork in velvet, satin and grosgrain.
- Smooth calfskin leather in dark pink.
- Light gold hardware with shiny finish.
- Mademoiselle chain double handle.
- Double flap with Mademoiselle turn lock.
- Dark pink leather inner with gold-foil signature stamp.
- Total 7 pockets, each with its own function and story.
- Mid series 24
The classic version 2.55 is currently retailing at RM40k, special material versions are usually retailing for more.
Attachment (s): dust bag and hologram.
Unused new condition, light chain mark on the back.