Mid 1980s series vintage. This Half Moon flap model was part of Chanel’s vintage clutch-with-chain series, with a unique feminine flair from its curved and rounded silhouette. This flap styles a dainty graceful look with simplified quilt, mini turn lock and stitched CC logo.
To introduce geometry to their design language, Chanel explored some different patterns of line for their quilting in the 1980s (square cubes, chevron, vertical lines, diagonal lines and swirl).
Besides looking like a half moon, the semicircle shape with swirling lines does give us an impression of a shell as well!
Like other clutch-with-chain, the Half Moon flap comes with a short chain that goes underneath the flap, for shoulder carry. Thanks to its narrow depth (5 cm), it can also be carried elegantly as a clutch in hand.
The grosgrain interior, a fabric commonly used by Chanel in the 1980s, is rather functional. A large phone could fit in nicely, along with other essentials (small wallet, holders, lipstick and etc.).
- Semicircle shape which resembles a half moon.
- Classic black lambskin leather with swirling lines quilt.
- 24karat gold plated hardware, hallmarked on turn lock.
- Short interlaced chain handle for shoulder carry.
- Single flap with mini CC turn lock.
- Stitched CC logo underneath the flap.
- Red grosgrain fabric interior with 1 zip pocket.
- Gold-foil CHANEL signature.
Attachment (s): vintage Chanel box and dust bag.
8/10 good vintage condition.