Vintage 0 series, circa 1986. This Half Moon flap model was part Chanel’s vintage clutch-with-chain series, with a unique feminine flair from its curved and rounded silhouette. This flap styles a dainty, graceful look with simplified quilting, mini turn lock and stitched CC logo.
To introduce geometry to their design language, Chanel explored some different patterns of line for their quilting in the 1980s (square cubes, chevron, vertical lines, diagonal lines and swirl).
Besides looking like a half moon, the semicircle shape with swirling lines does give us an impression of a shell as well!
Like other clutch-with-chain, the Half Moon flap comes with a short chain that goes underneath the flap, for shoulder carry. Thanks to its narrow depth (5 cm), it can also be carried in hand elegantly as a clutch.
The grosgrain interior, a fabric commonly used by Chanel in the 1980s, is rather functional. A large phone fits in easily, along with other essential (small wallet, holders, lipstick and etc.).
- Semicircle shape which resembles a half moon.
- Black lambskin leather with swirling lines quilting.
- 24karat gold plated hardware, hallmarked on turn lock.
- Short interlaced chain handle for shoulder carry.
- Single flap with mini turn lock closure.
- Stitched CC logo underneath the flap.
- Red grosgrain fabric interior with 1 zip pocket.
Attachment (s): dust bag and hologram.
8/10 good vintage condition.