Upon his arrival in 1983, Karl Lagerfeld reimagined the style of the legendary 2.55 handbag and created the Classic Flap that we know today. This is one of the most notable milestones in Chanel’s history.
The popularity and fame of Classic Flap reached its pinnacle in the early 1990s era. 3 decades later, creations from that era have aged gracefully into sought-after vintage.
Mid series 2 vintage, circa 1992-1993. A classic forever – medium flap in black diamond-quilt lambskin leather, adorned by 24karat gold plated hardware.
In the traditional double-flap design and burgundy-colour interior. Featured with total 7 pockets, each with its own function and story according to Coco Chanel.
- Black lambskin leather with diamond quilt.
- 24karat gold plated hardware.
- Sliding double chain handle, with leather lace.
- Double-flap closure with CC turn lock.
- Burgundy leather interior with gold-foil signature.
- 2 small pockets and 1 lipstick slot.
- 1 large pocket under the outer flap.
- 1 hidden pocket behind the inner flap.
- 1 hidden zipped pocket.
- 1 external back pocket, the “Mona Lisa’s smile”.
- Vintage mid series 2, circa 1992-1993.
Attachment (s): box, dust bag, authenticity card and hologram.
8/10 very good vintage condition.