This vintage (stamp [D], circa 2000) Kelly bag is for the purists and collectors. With a relatively young “vintage” age and double-hook feature, it’s an excellent choice for those who prefer start a vintage H newer.
Hermès connoisseurs would agree that Box calf is the most classic and iconic leather to represent the Kelly bag (the ONE that Grace Kelly carried was precisely in Box!). And, the combination of black with gold hardware is timeless.
Box leather – One of the earliest leathers Hermès ever used – the history goes all the way back to 1920s, the “Box” tanning technique originated in England. This leather has a polished ultra-smooth appearance, its structure is firm and holds its shape well.
Age like wine, this vintage Box leather has gained a silky patina of “buttery” shine after 2 decades, a unique character of its own. Hermes does provide outstanding spa service for this classic leather, ensuring it will last for a lifetime.
- Retourne (revert) structure.
- Box calfskin leather in black colour.
- 24karat gold plated hardware, hallmarked.
- Double hook on handle for shoulder strap.
- Chevre Marocain goatskin leather interior.
- 1 zip pocket and 2 small pockets inside.
- Iconic flap closure with double strap.
- Metal feet on base.
- Vintage, Stamp [D]
Attachment (s): dust bag, shoulder strap, padlock, keys and clochette key bell.
Excellent vintage condition.